Currently just made my own version of a PSL that’s totally vegan, and it is delicious!
**If you want the recipe, please comment below.
Anyways, since it’s that time of year again and the holidays are upon us, I thought I would do a brief 25 holiday themed questionaire, because..WHY NOT?!
***P.S, I got this survey from Clean Eating Veggie Girl so check out her site as well.
25 Question Holiday Survey
1. Eggnog or hot chocolate?
I didn’t grow up drinking eggnog, so hot chocolate for sure! I especially love Dark Hot Chocolate, mexican style!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
He wraps them
3. Colored lights on the tree/house or white?
I enjoy both. If the theme that current year is colored, I like at most 3 colors. White is simple and elegant and is always in style
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
I do not. It’s not a family tradition I grew up practicing.
5. When do you hang your decorations up?
If we’re on it, on Black Friday.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Honey baked ham, only from the Honey Baked Ham Store. And roasted sweet potatoes, that I make myself! And leftover turkey sandwiches with a cranberry aoili.
7. What is your favorite holiday memory as a child?
Definitely writing letters to Santa Claus and baking cookies, and then I learned about diabetes when I was 7 and I decided to give Santa a plate full of celery and carrots, cause I didn’t want him to die of heart disease..LOL
8. What is on your Christmas wish list?
A picnic trolley (for all the farmer’s market food runs I do), Plenty More cookbook, Honey & Co cookbook, and then when I get enough money..Nike Roshe Runs for my everyday comfy shoes. But really, I just want a THOUGHTFUL handwritten letter.
9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve?
The tradition is we open one gift that we really want to open on Christmas Eve.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Typically, we decorate with white lights, green foil garland, ornaments that we’ve had since..forever, and then some fake fall foliage like berries, holly leaf, and other bits and bobs like that.
11. Snow? Love it or dread it?
SoCal grown, so… I’m not keen to snow. I don’t mind the look of it, but I can’t have two continuous snow days. It’ll make me feel really uncomfortable.
12. Real tree or fake tree?
REAL. I like the smell of Evergreen Douglas Fir trees!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
My very first dog, his name was Noah, and he was the best gift I’ve ever received!
14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?
That it’s a reminder to spend it with the ones you love and the ones that love you back. It’s also a time to reflect and help those in need. I love volunteering in general, but I ESPECIALLY love volunteering around the holidays. Everyone is so chipper and grateful!
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Hans and Harry’s fresh fruit strudel. HANDS DOWN!
16. What is your favorite tradition?
Watching everyone’s reactions when they open up presents that I gifted them!
17. What tops your tree?
This whit and gold angel we’ve had since the beginning of time!
18. Do you prefer giving or receiving?
I like giving, especially when it’s something that I’ve put a lot of heart and soul into!
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
“All I Want For Christmas Is You”- Mariah Carey
“My Grown Up Christmas List”- Natalie Cole
“Rockin Around The Christmas Tree”- Amy Grant
20. Candy canes…yuck or yum?
Heck. Yes. So Yum.
21. Favorite Christmas movie?
Eloise At Christmas Time
22. What do you leave for Santa?
It used to be chocolate chip cookies and hot chocolate, until I was 7. After that it was celery, carrots, and hot tea ..because I didn’t want Santa to get heart disease..LOL
23. Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?
Eat a really awesome breakfast
24. Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall?
The mall, I’m a dexterous person, so I like to feel what I’m buying.
25. Christmas letter or Christmas card?
Christmas letter, always. I love it even more when it’s hand written!