When life gives you spotted brown bananas that emit fruit fly activity, life gives you banana bread.
I had the urge to make this banana bread in lieu of PMS symptoms in full rage and the deluge of chocolate cravings in full force. In the process of making this banana bread however, I wanted to tjuze it up a bit, so after a few more additions here and there, what went into my oven was a Cold Brew-Nutella-Banana-Walnut Bread (talk about the hyphenation game on fleek!).
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups AP flour (I use King Arthur’s)
1.5 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup cold brew coffee concentrate (I use Grady’s Cold Brew)
4 ripe bananas
12 tbsp butter (at room temperature)
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup nutella (or chocolate hazelnut spread)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
2. In a medium sized bowl: mash bananas, milk, cold brew coffee, salt, vanilla and egg until banana mixture is the consistency of your desire (I like a bit of banana chunkage in mine).
3. In a separate bowl: sift together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
4. In the largest bowl: beat together butter and sugar until well combined.
Add in banana mixture until well combined.
Add in dry ingredients + chopped walnuts until just combined. Do not over mix or your banana bread will baking into hardened condensed loaf!
5. In a 9″ x 6″ greased loaf pan, spread 1/4 o f the banana bread mixture and layer/marble in a layer of nutella.
Repeat this step until banana bread mixture and nutella reach 3/4 of the way up the loaf pans (this recipe makes 2 loaves).
6. Bake in oven for 1 hour or until your kitchen smells like chocolately-nutty-banana-coffee goodness!
7. When done baking, take out of the oven and rest for 30 minutes.
8. Slice up your little loaves of love and enjoy!
Indelible – Edible Gratitude,